Robert Sampson Memorial Fundraiser
“Auction – Dance – Social”
In support of Pancreatic Cancer Research
Dear Friends, Neighbours and Colleagues,
Last year, Halifax lost a vibrant, generous, respected and much-loved citizen when Robert Sampson died of pancreatic cancer at age 52. Although pancreatic cancer is the most deadly type of cancer, it currently receives less than 1% of research funding. Together we can make a difference to others who will face this devastating disease.
Robert Sampson’s family and friends will hold a fundraiser in his name to raise money to support medical research and raise awareness of pancreatic cancer. To this end, all money raised will be donated to the locally based Craig’s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society, which gives 100% of funds received to support pancreatic cancer research through the QEII Foundation.
On Thursday, July 5, 2012, 7 pm – 1 am, an auction/dance/social event honouring Robert will be held at the Pacifico Dance Club in downtown Halifax. We need your support and generosity to help with this worthy fundraising effort.
Here’s how you can help:
- Donate auction items (arrange drop off or pick
up through the contacts below)
- Donate money to this effort (donations of money will be accepted prior to or at the event, or a quick way to make a tax-deductible donation toward “Team Robert’s” fundraising is to sponsor Robert’s widow, Eileen, in the upcoming Craig’s Cause Maritime Bike Tour.)
- Challenge other friends and colleagues to match or beat your donation
- Donate prizes to be given away at the event
- Come out (Participate!) on July 5 with your friends and family
Your donations and participation will make a real difference to those affected by pancreatic cancer. Thank you!
RobertSampsonMemorial.com Craig’s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society
Eileen Brennan 492-0175 firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine DeLong 497-2078 email@example.com
Stephen Sampson 456-3301 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Gerrior 471-9674 email@example.com